- Company name:
JTB Publishing, Inc.
- Manager's Title, Affiliation, and Contact Information
Manager title: Privacy Officer and General Manager of the Administration Department
Affiliation: Administration Department, JTB Publishing, Inc.
Contact information: Telephone: 03-6888-7811
- Purpose of Use of Personal Information
- Purpose of use in the case of direct acquisition of personal information specified by the individual in question in writing (including Web sites and email; referred to as "In Writing")
Category Purpose of Use Customer information 1. To confirm requests, make delivery, and submit invoices concerning magazines, books, digital content, and the Company's other products.
2. To provide renewal information concerning periodical reading materials and information concerning new publications.
3. To provide information concerning the products and services handled by the Company and to provide other information.
4. To confirm requests, distribute, and submit invoices concerning various services including the provision and use of information via the Internet, computer systems, and portable devices.
5. To provide requested email distribution services.
6. To receive answers to quizzes and the like and questionnaires concerning the products handled by the Company.
7. To conduct drawings for gifts and to deliver the selected items.
8. To prepare statistical materials and marketing materials in formats that do not specify individuals.
9. To respond to inquiries.
Client and supplier information To engage in sales and business communications, to perform order placement, to perform invoicing and payment operations. Employee information To perform employee personnel management, work management, health management, and security management. Personal information relating to job applicants To contact job applicants and to perform the Company's recruiting management. Personal numbers
1. Personal numbers will be used only to the extent of intended uses specified in the Number Act.*
2.Personal numbers will not be provided to third parties other than recipients specified in the Number Act.
3.When personal number-related administration specified in the Number Act is completed, the relevant personal numbers will promptly be deleted or destroyed.
*Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify Specific Individuals in Administrative Procedures.
- Purpose of use in the case of direct acquisition of the personal information from the individual in question by means other than In Writing
Category Purpose of Use Customer information To confirm order details (records of communications)
- Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Except for the cases specified below, the Company does not provide customer personal information to third parties.
- Cases where the individual in question consents.
- Cases pursuant to laws and regulations.
- Cases where the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, person, or property of person and obtaining the consent of the individual in question is unfeasible.
- Cases where the provision of personal information is particularly necessary for improving public health or for promoting the sound development of children and obtaining the consent of the individual in question is unfeasible.
- Cases where the provision of personal information is necessary to cooperate with a state institution, a local public body, or a person entrusted by a state institution or local public body to perform functions prescribed by laws and regulations and obtaining the consent of the individual in question may impede the performance of the functions concerned.
- In cases where the handling of personal information is entrusted in whole or in part to a third party to the extent necessary to achieve the objectives of its use.
- Entrustment of the Handling of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company entrusts the performance of some of its business operations to outside third parties in order to provide better services to customers. In some cases, those service providers are provided personal information. In these cases, the Company selects service providers that are determined to properly handle personal information, takes measures necessary to prevent improper disclosure of personal information such as including in agreements provisions concerning appropriate management of personal information and a duty of confidentiality, and performs appropriate management of the third parties.
- Requests for Disclosure of Personal Information
Customers may submit inquiries to the Company's relevant department concerning the disclosure of personal information concerning themselves (notice of the purpose of use, disclosure of information, requests for the correction, supplementation, deletion, suspension of use, or deletion of information, and requests for the suspension of provision to third parties). In this case, the Company shall confirm the customer's identity and respond within a reasonable period.
- Voluntariness of the Provision of Personal Information
Whether to provide personal information to the Company is entirely up to the customer. However, if the Company does not receive necessary information, it may not be possible to provide certain services in an appropriate manner.
- Acquisition of Personal Information by Means Not Readily Discernible by the Individual
Cookies are a tool that the Company uses for more convenient viewing of the Company's website when customers access the website more than once. Cookies do not violate customers' privacy and do not have any detrimental effect on customers' computers.
- Authorized Personal Information Protection Organizations
Authorized Personal Information Protection Organizations are organizations that are authorized by the competent minister pursuant to Act No. 37 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. Their purpose is to address complaints concerning the handling of personal information and to ensure the appropriate handling of personal information through the provision of information to businesses.
Authorized personal information protection organization of which the Company is a member: Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community
Contact information for complaints: Personal Information Protection Consultation Service Office
|Address||:||Roppongi First Building, 9-9 Roppongi 1-chome, Minato-ku Tokyo, 106-0032|
Customers can contact the Company as indicated below concerning inquiries relating to customer personal information.
Personal Information Inquiry Desk, Administration Department
JTB Publishing, Inc.
25-5 Haraikata-machi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-8446 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 03-6888-7811 (9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.*)
* Inquiries received on Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, during the New Year's holiday, and during the Golden Week holiday will be addressed on the following business day or later.